Defqon.1 Festival - Friday | Update: 12: BLUE | Tatanka

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Group
    Hardstyle Boys

Status
    His gig at Defqon.1 Festival in 2005 was one of his first big ones. Nowadays, every hardstyler knows his name, he's travelling the world with his explosive performances and typical sounds and Defqon.1 Festival became familiar ground. Tatanka: hopefully the BLUE will be able to stand up to his set there on Friday.

Can you tell us something about your first Defqon.1 experience in 2005?
    "Yes! I was playing in the YELLOW tent. That area was a mixture of styles varying from hardtrance to hardstyle, represented by names like Proteus and the former duo Brennan & Heart. I closed the area that year but during the second half of my set almost everybody left to see the end show on the RED. Then I thought: 'My next goal will be to perform on that mainstage as well!'. A couple of years later that goal was reached!"

What was (or were) your best Defqon.1 Festival moments?
    "When I played 'Let's Rock' on the RED in 2007, that was so epic! As well as my closing act back to back with Zatox in the BLUE in 2009. The year of 'Gangsta': goosebumps!"

You've played both at the RED and BLUE stages of Defqon.1 Festival. Two different atmospheres... Do you have a preference?
    "There's a fable named 'The Fox and the Grapes', that tells about a hungry fox trying to reach a bunch of grapes. But those were hanging too high and the fox couldn't reach them, so he started bitchin' about how the grapes sucked anyway. I'm not that fox, I really like the BLUE stage better! Every year, A LOT of 'first-time-at-a-big-event' people visit Defqon.1 Festival and they are more likely to go and watch the shows on the RED, as it is something never seen before. But the real 'core' of the hardstyle followers, who visit Defqon.1 Festival mainly for the music, can be found in the BLUE. And that's where the atmosphere really is indescribable. Everybody is dancing from beginning 'til end. Fantastic!"

Can we bump into you at the camping this year?
    "No camping for me, I'll sleep in the BLUE tent and watch over it like a nocturnal ninja from Tokyo!"

Last year it was raining during the festival. Listening to your hit track 'Africa', maybe you know a chant that'll assure the sun to accompany us this year?
    "Boooook Tatanka
    Boooook Tatanka
    Last year you forgot
    And look the weather you got!

B2S booked him at Decibel
    And the weather was hot as hell
    But this year you acted nice
    And once again the sun will rise!!!"

Can you update us about the music you're currently working on?
    "There's a track I'm working on, or better said: struggling with, since I was creating 'Africa'. For 14 months already, because I didn't like the voices I tried in these months. I finally found the right voice and I'm now refreshing the sounds which are a little one-year-ago. The track was called 'Moments In Life' and I say WAS, because in the meanwhile several tracks with similar names have been released. So I'm thinking of a new title now and then it'll be finished for you to hear! I'm also working on another solo project which is a sort of a journey. If I will play it at Defqon.1 Festival, you'll understand what I mean for sure."

Which track really breathes 'Defqon.1 Festival' for you?
    "That's still 'Showtek - The Colour of the Harder Styles'."

What's the perfect meal that'll keep festivalgoers going strong 'til the end?
    "Chicken burgers mixed with rice-based Asian food meals would do the trick because it's complete and not heavy. Drinks would be a lot of water, some fruit juices and a few beers and energy drinks."

What's your survival tips for the die-hard campers?
    "You don't know what kind of party animals you're going to meet: bring dozens of condoms, toilet rolls, food cans and water bottles!"

Tatanka's Shout Out:
    "Someone once said: 'Thank God it's Friday!' and that was because the weekend starts on Friday. If you want to really enjoy this Defqon.1 Festival weekend do it to the fullest: from the beginning 'til the end! By the end of the weekend you might be as fucked up as an octopus in a washing machine but hey, at least you'll be able to say 'I was there on Friday AND TATANKA KICKED MY ASS ONCE AGAIN!'."

grande vale!!!

0 replies since 16/5/2012, 14:10   37 views